Open PART File
PART file extension is used by many file download applications to store PARTial downloads. Typically it is impossible to open PART file since PART extension mean that file only was downloaded partially.
Most of download applications fall into one of the two groups:
- Download managers. These applications assist in downloading large amounts of information from FTP and HTTP servers. They are very useful for downloading huge files when chances of connection breaking before file is fully downloaded are large. If this happens download manager would resume the download rather than starting it from the scratch. Download managers are also useful when downloading hundreds of smaller files.
- P2P download clients. These applications are used for downloading files from Peer-to-peer file sharing networks such as eDonkey, BitTorrent etc. In P2P networks files are not stored on one central server. Instead user's computers are used to store portions of files or entire files making it available to the rest of the network.
We recommend using extreme caution when downloading files from the Internet either from HTTP/FTP servers or from P2P networks. These files can often contain trojans and viruses. It is also common to distribute pirated software, music and videos over the internet. Downloading and sharing such data may cause severe legal consequences.
If you want to open PART file in hex or text mode and see what kind of information is stored inside of it you can view it in hex editor or change its file extension to txt and open in text editor.
Open PART File on Windows OS
- Find a PART file in question in Windows File Explorer and double click on it.
- If a file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the PART file in question.
- If you know the application which can open PART file then run it and see if there is a File->Open option in the application main menu.
- If you don't know the application which can open PART file then try to search for "PART wiki", "application to open PART file" or "PART file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open PART file
Rate this page: 4/5 based on 28 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open PART files, file extension part and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...